Monday, November 22, 2010

Hundreds of Armenians return to their roots

14:34 20/11/2010 » IN THE WORLD
Hundreds of Armenians return to their roots
Turkish “Radikal” publication referred to citizens of Turkey who return to their Armenian identity. It’s reported that the toll of returning lost identity is getting increased, particularly in eastern parts of the country. For example, Yusuf Yilmaz of Armenian origin told the story of his “return”.“They knew we were Islamic Kurds. My parents were believers. When I was 12, my friends called me giaour. I asked my mother and she told me we were Armenians. In school they called Armenians killers. I was crying being an Armenian. Unless I decided to return to the religion of my roots. Islam says if you reject your roots, you are evil.”
Islam calls the dissidents giaour. “Radikal” reported that during the last 3 years hundreds of Armenian calimed Armenian Patriarchate of Polis to return them to their origin.
Source: Panorama.am

No comments:

Post a Comment