Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Charles Aznavour ready to risk his life to disclose Sarkozy’s lies

Famous French singer of Armenian origin Charles Aznavour is ready to risk his life and speak against French President Nicolas Sarkozy if he goes back on his campaign pledge to Armenians.

In an interview with the French daily newspaper “Dauphine Libéré” (ledauphine.com website) famous singer and ambassador of Armenia in Switzerland, said he is worried over the Armenian issue.

Charles Aznavour declared that “the French president is wrong, because the French Armenian community represents a significant number of people compared to the Turkish community. The Armenian people are responsible, courageous. They gave their blood for their country. This is the first time that I say it, but if the president does not change, I will use of his votes when time comes”.

He noted that there are at least 400,000 or 500,000 Armenians residing in France. “People in France and any French of Armenian origin will follow me, I know. If this continues, I will be fully committed. I’m not a politician, but I have a very important political power. I know I risk my life by saying that. But in my age, after all, risking life is to risk how many years?” Charles Aznavour said.

Aznavour responded to the WikiLeaks-published document which says that Armenians of France learned that president Nicolas Sarkozy, one month after having promised to the CCAF (Co-ordination Council of Armenian Organisations of France) to support the law penalizing denial of Armenian Genocide retracted on May 27, 2007, after being elected a president. Moreover, French leader promised Ankara that this law will die in the Senate.

Charles Aznavour has recently been criticizing political leaders. Speaking at the ceremony of International Award of Jerusalem University on January 23, Aznavour said “cave anti-Semitism” has been observed in Turkey in recent years, which took obvious anti-Israeli positions on all Middle East problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment